Grand Hyatt Haitang Bay
I rarely post a review of a hotel. My views on the various hotels, restaurants, and places to go and see are mostly posted on Trip Advisor. Having said that, the Grand Hyatt Haitang Bay deserves a posting on my blog. Why? Because it is a very nice hotel, and as such I want to both give you visibility to the great service and value it offers as well as give you a visual of the grounds and hotel overall.
As you can tell from my previous postings, we decided to go to Sanya for a Christmas vacation sort of in the last minute. Our daughter, visiting from California, was able to snatch a great deal on a 5-day stay at this wonderful hotel.
We had read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor and certainly were very intrigued. So once we arrived in Sanya and Haitang Bay, our first order of business was to explore the hotel, the grounds, the suite we had booked and get quickly first impressions, which were great!
Subsequently, while enjoying the great benefits of staying at the hotel we observed the following:
- The hotel overall has a very pleasant and interesting architectural design. The lobby, rooms / suite we stayed at, the club lounge – all were very nice, good setup and pleasant implementation
- The hotel grounds were very nice – lush – as you can tell from the photos below
- Service: Well, here the hotel staff really outdid themselves. We felt truly taken care off. The club lounge staff, the pool grill staff, all of them were extremely attentive and more than willing to help. Even the pool attendants were always ready and in place to provide you with cold bottled water and/or towels in order to take advantage of the great swimming pools in the hotel
- Rooms: There are multiple options here. We chose the Suite as it came with club lounge access and space for our family. There are multiple different room options. If you go for the suite – in principle there are about 3 options:
- Suite on the ground floor with its own swimming pool. A cool option – but we wanted to be on a higher floor
- large suite – 140~150mm square. Rather nice and impressive. Great showers
- Smaller suite – approximately 105 mm square. Probably more than adequate — but we liked the bigger suite 🙂
There are some quirks that the hotel needs to work out – but overall these were minor items on the list of great things the hotel and its staff did well.
- The pools would have been nice to be somewhat heated. In December the weather can be rather chilly….
- One of the afternoons we decided to relax by the ZEN pool. Well, we expected somewhat of a silence and tranquility…. Instead we got grand parents spoiling their grandkids and quite a bit of noise…Oh, well…
Some additional information:
- If you desire to eat outside of the hotel – the shopping mall attached (pretty much to the hotel) offers a large number of restaurants
- There is also a very large grocery store – fruit, candy, drinks….
Overall, the hotel was great and we will recommend it for sure to friends in the US and China. Here are some photos from the hotel and premises – day and night views. Enjoy!